Science has shown that brains are superbly supple and form new neural connections throughout life. The phenomenon is called neuroplasticity and provides us with an ever-evolving brain. Basically, we have the ability and opportunity to train and reprogram our brains at will.
Both our longevity and quality of life hinge on how we train, maintain and entertain our brains. Using ours brains creatively, especially as we age, has been shown to reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s, dementia, and other diseases that strike terror into our hearts and minds.
Of course, this doesn’t mean that word searches have to be hard! In fact, many of our word searches are easy and fun to do. Word searches are also a way to relax and distress as they help you to be more aware of the present moment. Concentrating on a puzzle helps to quiet a restless mind and runaway thoughts bringing more peace into your life.
And really, brains just want to have fun. They even send out happy shots of biochemical dopamine brain bliss that give us a boost of pleasure when solving a puzzle- whether it be acing a word search, learning a new language or packing a car with more stuff than possible.
If you want to:
- reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s, dementia, and other diseases, as well as enhance motor skills.
- enjoy self-directed cognitive training cleverly disguised as fun.
- increased brain flexibility.
- sleep better, be less stressed and have enhanced cognitive function.
- build new neural connections that consistently rewire the brain to be sharper and more responsive.
- enrich brain function in a mindful, motivational way.
- create neural flexibility to inspirational concepts and personal growth.
- and more!
“So much more than a puzzle book, the fun facts, history and education lining the pages make Yoga for the Brain books a unique treasure. I highly recommend them for an entertaining and enlightening experience!”
Sheri Hoyte for Reader Views