The Power of Positive Play is what Yoga for the Brain is all about, and Halloween is the perfect time to let your kid come out.
Halloween, in one form or another, has been celebrated around the world for centuries. With lots of traditions, spooky or not, it’s the time of year when playacting and being silly is expected and accepted. That’s probably one of the reasons that Halloween is the second largest celebration in the United States.
So, what’s it all about? Well, there’s more on Halloween practices around the globe below. But let’s spend a little time on bringing out the child in all of us! For example, you can take a virtual haunted house tour without leaving your home. There are many free tours online as well a number that are paid. Get lots more ideas for haunted interactive games and other fun Halloween frivolities below.
Pick the activities you like and remember to use the Power of Positive Play!
- Play some Halloween games! From the traditional bobbing for apples to online interactive dress-up to spooky games, take time to play.
- Throw a murder mystery party. It doesn’t have to be very elaborate and there are plenty available for free online. Get together with some friends and figure out who murdered who.
- Read about ghosts in your area. Most places have some short of ghostly history so find a book about your area’s history and read about it all with friends over a spooky Halloween beverage. Or go online to your local historical society and find all the ghoulish details there.
- You have to eat right? So get together with a few friends and eat in costume.! Let everyone’s costume be a surprise until they get there – you can all be mysterious together.
- It’s prime pumpkin time and that means fun in a lot of ways. Have a pumpkin carving contest or even just draw fun faces on a pumpkin. Have a pumpkin latte, or a pumpkin ale. Make a pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, the list is endless!
- Watch an old horror movie. Some of them really tried hard to be scary, but to our modern sensibilities they are just goofy fun. Make it even more fun by watching with a friend.
Whatever you do to enjoy the season, remember that All Hollow’s Eve is considered world-wide to be the time of year when the veil between the world of the living and the dead is at it’s thinnest, so celebrate your life now with a hearty thank you to all those who came before you. Happy Halloween!